I’ve decided I want to do my empties posts seasonally rather than waiting until I’ve accumulated lots of products. I want to try to do them every 3/4 months, starting with the start of the year which includes items I used up at the tail end of 2018. Anyway, on with the empties…
- Cerave Hydrating Cleanser – I thought this was okay. It was nothing compared to my all time fave, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I used this as a second cleanse every evening and it did a good job at that. I don’t think I’d repurchase this.
- B. Micellar Water – I decided to give this a go when my trusty Garnier was out of stock at my local Superdrug. I don’t know if I go a weird one, but this didn’t do anything for me in terms of removing makeup. I ended up just using it in the mornings to cleanse my face. I wouldn’t repurchase this.
- B Micellar Oil – I kinda got this on a whim and totally regretted it as soon as I started using it. This felt really heavy on the skin and left a residue after I used it. It also really hurt my eyes which wasn’t fun at all. Wouldn’t repurchase this either…
- Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara – This was okay, not the best mascara I’ve tried but definitely not the worst. It gave quite a natural look which I kinda liked, but even on minimal makeup days I like to have a lot of drama and volume with my lashes. The packaging is cute though! I wouldn’t repurchase this.
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Mask – Okay, onto something I will DEFINITELY repurchase, this mask is my absolute fave! Not only does it clean out my pores, it leaves me with a healthy glow too. The perfect mask that does it all and gives instant and lasting results. I did a full review of this mask that can be read here.
- Johnson’s’ Baby Shampoo – I use this to wash my brushes and sponges and it is simple, yet effective! There isn’t much to say about this other than its cheap and does the job. I have repurchased this many times because it effectively cleans my brushes.
- Simple Dual Effect Makeup Remover – I went through a lot of makeup removers over the past few months. I purchased this when I used waterproof mascara over the summer and found it to work pretty well. I don’t wear waterproof mascara that often so this makeup remover isn’t a must-have but it is cheap and works well for the price.
- bareMinerals Original Foundation – This was a long time coming to finish as this was an item in my 2018 project pan. It took me the whole year to finish the half of this that I had left. I loved it during the summer for something lightweight but I don’t know that I’d repurchase because it isn’t something that changed my makeup game. You do get a lot of bang for your buck, so I’d recommend if you do love loose powder foundations though.
- The Body Shop Ethopian Honey Mask – I really liked this too, not as much as the Himalayan Charcoal but it’s a close second for sure. I loved putting this on and wearing it for as long as possible to nourish and hydrate my skin. I always wore this as night treatment overnight if my skin really needed a pick me up. I am noticing that my skin is feeling drier now that I haven’t used this for a while and right now I don’t own any other hydrating mask. I’m not sure if I will repurchase this or try something new.
- Khiel’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate – I looooove this. Everything from the smell, to the effects it has on my skin. After applying this at night, I am left with glowy, fresh, hydrated skin. I finished this quicker than I expected due to a leak in my makeup bag when I went travelling last year but regardless this bottle lasted a large majority of last year. I am unsure whether to repurchase or try something new for a lesser price.
- Urban Decay All Nighter – I expect you already know how amazing this is. This is my second bottle of the full size and I am a huge fan. It keeps my makeup put all day and diminishes any powder-y look too. I will repurchase once I have used up a couple of other setting sprays in my collection.
- Benefit Matte Rescue Gel – I got this as a free gift when I got my eyebrows done at Benefit last year. It was nice in summer but nothing that my NYX Angel Veil doesn’t do for a cheaper price. I only want a matte look in the heat of summer so it isn’t really worth it to me since I have a dry skin type. You might prefer this if you have an oilier skin type though.
- Maybelline Age Rewind – I really like this concealer, good coverage and lasts well too. I am not a huge fan of the shade since it isn’t bright enough for my under eyes but it is nice in summer/on my complexion for concealing. I like how thin the consistency is which means it never looked cakey or heavy on my skin. I might repurchase if I can find a better shade for me.
- Givenchy Noir Couture Volume Mascara mini – This isn’t technically empty but I used this when I had an eye irritation so there is a risk that the mascara is contaminated and I don’t want to risk getting it again. It was a pretty good mascara but nothing out of the ordinary. It gave my lashes a bit of lift and volume but I do prefer something a bit more intense.
So there were my most recent empty products. I hope this was interesting, I always like to know if someone would repurchase something. I think that is the true test to how good a product is. I look forward to doing these posts a bit more regularly and within a specific time frame of every 3 months. It will be cool to see what product types I use up during each period.