I was unsure about doing a favourites post because as much as I love reading/watching this type of concept, I wasn’t sure if I had enough favourites to do a whole post. Instead of having a fave from every category, I decided to pick 18 product highlights for the year of 2018. This is only because I don’t think I tried enough different products to say that I have a favourite for particular categories. I definitely want to adopt that format in coming years as I aim try new things in 2019 and search for my all time faves.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – This has become one of my all time fave beauty products. I love using it as a primer and highlighter for a glowy finish to my skin. This really gives a natural radiance that just looks healthy without being shimmery or too intense because the glow is suspended in a skin tone-esque liquid. Read my full review of this here.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze – I fell back in love with this after putting it in my 2018 Project Pan. Because it is matte I can use it to bronze/contour and the shade is subtle so I can keep building without it looking unnatural. You can tell how much I have loved this from the fact that I have panned it!
- Freedom Brush Cleaner Spray – Freedom isn’t technically a brand anymore but this product changed my life! I am so lazy when it comes to washing my makeup brushes and this spray tides me over until I eventually wash them. All I do is spray my brush a few times, run it across a tissue and I’m left with spot-cleaned brushes. You can get these kind of products from lots of brands, but this one only cost me about £3 so it was a total bargain.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder – Dom so very kindly got this for me as a birthday present at the start of the year and I have been in love ever since. I didn’t really appreciate powders until I used this one! It never cakes or accentuates my dryness and sets my makeup down in the most beautiful way. I feel like my makeup stays put but still looks like skin whenever I wear this. It also works amazingly well as a touch-up powder as well. This is the best powder I have ever tried and is so worth the price tag in my eyes. I will keep repurchasing forever!
- Dose of Colors Desi x Katy ‘A Mauve Story’ – This is one of my top lipstick discoveries this year. It is the perfect ‘MLBB’ shade for me and I’m obsessed with the formula. I did review this so I won’t go on too much about this, linked here if you wanna check it out.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Vanilla Quartz – I tried to narrow down my highlighter pick for this year and I settled with Vanilla Quartz. I had high expectations since Becca’s highlighters receive so much hype, but I wasn’t disappointed. This shade is really beautiful for fair skin because it has a white gold tone that isn’t too icy like other highlighters I’ve come across. The packaging is beautiful too, I am glad I finally added a Becca highlighter to my collection in 2018. Click here to read my review of Vanilla Quartz.
- ABH Modern Renaissance palette – I didn’t really add any palettes to my collection in 2018 and I really fell back in love with this palette and managed to pan 5 shades. My plan is try to pan more shades in this palette this year before I pick up another palette in 2019. That way I feel like I’ve ‘earnt’ it after all the use I got out of the MR. I am looking forward to trying more palettes this year.
- Zoella Beauty Botanic’EAU Body Mist – This is my fragrance pick of the year. I usually add a new perfume to my collection each year after recieving one for Christmas or my birthday, but this year it was a body spray since I haven’t added a perfume to my collection in a while. This is so fresh and tropical-floral smelling without being overly fruity. I found that it has worked well throughout different seasons and lasts pretty well for a body spray too. I reviewed a range of products from Zoella’s Splash Botanics range which you can read here.
- NYX ‘Tiramisu’ Butter Gloss – I have loved the Butter Glosses from NYX for a few years now and have loved trying new shades. This year I have loved the nude, browny tone of Tiramisu since it works with so many makeup looks and wears so well too.
- Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in ‘Aquarius’ – It is no secret how much I love the Aquarius range from Kathleenlights and Colourpop. This is probably my all time favourite gloss because it is so hydrating and lasts really well. This is the perfect nude-pink tone for me. It is pretty pigmented for a gloss which means I can wear it on its own. I would 100% repurchase this product once I run out, which I can’t say for a lot of lip products because I usually like to change things up.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – This is such a reliable foundation. If I want my makeup to stay put and look good all day (and night) I know I will be using this. It it pretty full coverage, but I often use it with a damp sponge to get more of a high-medium coverage on a more daily basis. I know some people find this foundation to be heavy and I do agree, but I don’t wear it every day and embrace the slightly heavy feeling for that long-lasting, higher coverage.
- Stila Glitter and Glow in Kitten Karma – I’m quite late to the party on these but I totally get the hype. Perfect for any special occasion or if you want to glitz up your everyday eye look. These liquid glitter shadows are so easy to apply, with minimal fallout. I got a mini pack of 3 last year, but Kitten Karma is my fave since the peachy champagne tone is the most universal for my makeup looks/preferences. I am considering purchasing the full size once I have used up my mini. Click here to read my full review.
- Laura Geller Spackle Hydrating Primer – I really discovered the importance of primer this year and found it to make such a difference to my makeup wear and application. This primer from Laura Geller is amazing because it really hydrates and preps my skin for makeup and it actually makes a noticeable difference to the wear of my makeup. I have found that hydrating primers can sometimes only be good at prepping the skin but sometimes don’t help to extend the wear of your makeup. There isn’t much to say about primer, but if you have dry skin and are looking for something new to try, I recommend this one for sure!
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Mask – This is one of my fave masks of all time! From first use I really noticed a difference with my skin. This really gets the gunk out of your skin and I found it to also minimise the appearance of my pores as well. My skin would always feels really smooth and looks brightened after using this too which makes this mask a great all-rounder. The pot lasted me a really long time as well, even with Dom using this with me! I did a review of a few of the masks from The Body Shop which can be read here.
- Mario Badescu Rose Facial Spray – I am a huge lover of rose, so I was pretty much guaranteed to like this! This spray is sooooo hydrating and my skin would always feel instantly perked up after application. You can get amazing facial sprays for cheaper, but the scent alone is enough for me to consider repurchasing it. I have heard this is a good dupe for Mac Fix+ which I would like to test in the future as well.
- Too Faced ‘Baby Love’ Blush – I love this blush because it is the perfect nude shade that goes with every makeup look. The formula is really great too, it lasts on me all day and is buildable which gives you a lot of control when you are applying it.
- Real Techniques Duo Fibre Brush – This is the brush that finally got me into bronzer. I was terrified of wearing a lot of bronzer because I was worried about looking orange, but this brush picks up just the right amount of product to apply sheer layers of products for full-proof application. I think it is the perfect size to blend everything out, whilst still having a bit of control over where you are applying your bronzer.
- The Body Shop Body Butters – I have used a couple of variations during 2018 and it really helped me make the effort to moisturise my body. I always forget how important it is to apply body cream, but the body butters from The Body Shop come in so many amazing scents and are so creamy and thick that it made me want to make the effort to moisturise since I feel like they really make a difference. I know most people have tried these, but if you haven’t – I definitely recommend you give them a go!
I hope you guys enjoyed my yearly favourites post. I had a lot of fun thinking about my top 18 products and I’m excited to try new things this year and see what the beauty industry has in store in terms of releases this year.