My first year-long Project Pan taught me a lot. I learnt how long it actually takes to use products up and I’ve learnt a lot about my makeup preferences too. There were a lot of items that I was successful with and I reached my goal, and a couple of products I gave up on completely. I will summarise my progress on all the items, even if I have mentioned them in previous updates. I have my previous updates from this year, linked here and here.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer (goal was to finish) – FINISHED. I used this up earlier this year. I then rotated in my NYX Angel Veil Primer but I have barely touched that since I have been loving hydrating primers. I do miss the Hangover Primer and plan on picking it up once I use up a few other primers in my collection.
- Bareminerals Powder Foundation (goal was to finish) – FINISHED!!! I can’t believe that this took so long to finish up. I did take a break from it for a short while but this was something that I nearly gave up on because it was taking so long to finish. I recently used this up just last week and it was already about 1 year and half old with only half left before I put it in this project. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck with this foundation.
- NYX Taupe Blush (goal was to hit pan) – FAIL. I think I am the only one who doesn’t get the hype with this. It was a nice shade to contour with I guess, but I just couldn’t get on with the formula. I did use it until the top imprint was flattened so it was kind of victory? It did teach me what I don’t like about contour products and that formula is important so I guess that is a plus. I replaced this with the Rimmel Contour stick and finished it though.
- Natural Collection Peach Melba Blush (goal was to hit pan) – FAIL. This item broke on me which I’m not classing as a victory! It was really old and cheap so I knew I got my money’s worth. I then rotated in my Honey Bronzer from the Body Shop which I have actually hit sizeable pan with so I am pretty glad about that.
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Brow Kit (goal was to expand pan/finish) – HIT GOAL (ish). This was another old product that wasn’t performing well anymore. I decided about half way through the year to retire this product and declutter it at the end of the year. I have learnt that it is worth investing in a better powder brow product in the future.
- Wet n Wild Reserve your Cabana highlighter (goal was to reach sizeable pan) – HIT GOAL. I am so glad with my progress with this product. I use it as a natural highlighter and sometimes a setting powder on natural makeup days. I didn’t wear this super consistently once I hit my goal because I wanted to try other things. I think if I keep using this consistently through 2019 I could finish this though.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (goal was to hit pan on Foxy, Walk of Shame and Naked 2) – HIT GOAL. I think if I worked a bit harder I could have pans in each shade but I liked rotating my eyeshadows too. I depotted the shade Crave into a single and put it in my singles palette since I didn’t have a black single, so I don’t think that really counts. I’m tempted to try to pan the shades Venus and Faint so I have pan in all of the shade in this palette.
- Revlon Honey Lipstick (goal was to finish) – FAIL. I think this lipstick was off at the start of the year so I threw it away as soon as I realised that! I then replaced this with my Bareminerals Marvellous Moxie Lip gloss in Rebel which I finished. I have never finished a lip gloss so I think despite the original fail, I did pretty well. I then replaced the gloss with MAC’s Velvet Teddy and got to about half use by the of this year.
Overall, I hit my goal on 5 of my original products, hit pan/finished 3 products that replaced failure products and only failed to hit my goal on 1 without replacement. Throughout the year I used up numerous base products which I featured in empties posts. In addition to my project pan items, I also hit pan on the Mary Lou highlighter from the Balm, my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze and I hit pan on five shades in the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette! I am so excited by my Modern Renaissance progress that I want to focus on it more this year to see how much progress I can make.
I feel really happy with my progress this year. I’m definitely gonna Project Pan again this year, but maybe I won’t document it in the same way as this year. I think I would rather update you guys in ‘Products I’ve Hit Pan on’ and maybe do a bit more on my insta (@lizzybeach_ if you’re not following already!) since I find the blog format a bit harder to document my project with. I definitely recommend giving a Project Pan a go if you haven’t before, even if you only pick one or two items to hit pan on/finish. It is so cool to see your progress and try to actively use items up and give some items a new lease of life. How long it takes to use up products has been put into perspective for me too.