It has been a while since I have picked up some new brushes and I had my eye on the ItsMyRayeRaye x Bh Cosmetics brush set for a while. When I saw it on the Beauty Bay Black Friday Sale, I couldn’t resist! This set contains some brushes I was missing from my collection and I knew I would get use out of every single brush so it was a no brainer.
First off, lets talk about the brush design and quality. I loooooove the dusky pink handles with the gold accents, they are sooooooo gorg – I’m obsessed! The bristles are synthetic and really soft too and apply and blend product beautifully. They feel like they are made really well which is amazing for the price. At full price, you get 9 brushes for £24 which works out at about £2.60 a brush which is insane for the quality. Now onto each brush and my thoughts on them.
- No. 1 Powder Brush – I am yet to find my perfect powder brush since I would prefer one that isn’t super large. This brush is a contender for my fave because it isn’t too big which means you can set a large areas of your face whilst still having control of where you are applying your setting powder. I think this would also be nice as a bronzer brush to achieve a soft, all over bronze look. This brush worked well with both loose powder and pressed powder.
- No .2 Dual Blush and Bronzer Brush – I typically use a round, slightly larger brush for my blush/bronzer so I wasn’t sure how I would like this to be honest. But, because the bristles are longer, I found that this still applied and blended my blush nicely all over my cheeks. I used circular, buffing motions to make sure the product I applied was well blended and really liked the effect.
- No. 3 Tapered Contour Brush – Contour is something I still haven’t quite got the hang of but I am kinda putting that down to the brush I am using. I was excited that this brush was is in this set because I hoped it could help me with my contouring skills! This brush has the perfect tapered end to get in under my cheekbones and along my jaw. The fact that it isn’t too dense means that a lot of the blending is done as I applied my product, which was a nice bonus for a contour noob like me! I like that this brush isn’t too big or too small, I think this ensures a natural (ish) looking contour. I think I would also like this brush for applying setting powder too.
- No. 4 Highlight Brush – I use this for applying my face powder to set under my eyes and on more specific areas of my face and to apply a brightening powder. It works amazingly well for the under eye area and the tapered point means that I can get into hard to reach areas to set. The smaller size of this brush makes sure my application of setting powder is more targeted.
- No. 5 Dual Blending and Highlighting Brush – I have only used this for applying my highlighter but I am really loving it so far. It it the perfect size for my cheekbone area and blends out my powder highlight beautifully. It isn’t too dense so it diffuses the pigment rather than packing it on, which I actually prefer since I’m not really into an intense highlighted look.
- No. 6 Fluffy Blending Brush – I am always on the hunt for new eye blending brushes, for some reason I just can’t get enough. This brush is great because it fits my slightly smaller eyes really well and does most of the blending for you. It picks up the right amount of product for the crease work. I can see this brush becoming a staple in my routine for a lot of eye looks.
- No. 7 Smudge Shadow Brush – I have only used this brush for my lower lash line but really liked it for that purpose. It is perfect for applying and smudging shadow under the eye. I think this brush would also work great at smudging eyeshadow that has been applied as liner for a smokey upper lash line. It is quite dense as a brush but there is a bit of give for blending too.
- No. 8 Large Shadow Brush – Much like blending brushes, I also like trying new shadow brushes that pack colour on for my lid shades. This brush is a good in between of other brushes I previously owned because it isn’t too fat or thin. I like the size of this one because I can still control how much I apply on my lids for a lot of different looks. This brush is like the No. 8 brush where I can pack colour on but also blend with it due to the design being not too dense. This brush will be part of my everyday brush rotation for sure.
- No. 9 Smudge Liner Brush – This is the only brush I haven’t properly used because I’m not really sure how to use it to smudge my liner due to the shape. I feel like it is just too long to smudge shadow with. I actually used it to apply my inner corner and brow bone highlight and liked the effect because it really packed it on without needed to layer my highlight shade. If you guys know how I’d use this for my liner, please let me know!
Overall, I think the quality of these brushes are insane, especially for the price. They perform as good as my Zoeva brushes for a cheaper cost. I definitely want to try more brushes from Bh Cosmetics in the future. I think this set has been carefully created and each brush is functional and useful to have in your kit. They are pretty versatile and can be used for multiple steps in your routine too and you’ve got everything you need to apply a lot of your makeup routine. I can’t wait to continue to experiment with these.