As Christmas draws nearer I thought it would be a fun idea to do another beauty gift guide for anyone who is shopping for a beauty lover and doesn’t know where to start. It is also a good read if you are after some wish list inspiration for yourself (any of my amazing fam or friends reading this who might need some ideas for me, feel free to take a lil look 😅). I will link my previous gift guide here because I would still recommend those items as gift ideas and a lot of bra nds have released similar sets (the stila liquid eyeshadow set for example).
I have categorised my recommendations based on whether they are skincare, makeup, bath and body centered or more of a stocking filler. That way, if you know who you are shopping for is into a particular area of beauty, you can stick to the suggestions in that realm. As someone who loooooves all areas of beauty, I think anyone who loves it as much as me would be super grateful to receive anything from this list.
For the makeup lover…
- A makeup brush set (Spectrum, Zoeva) – I think you can never have too many makeup brushes! This probably one of the most fail-safe gift because I think most people wouldnt be mad at having possible double ups of their brushes if you happened to get brushes they already had. With so many sets out there at different price points, I think this gift is a great option if you’re not sure what to give a recipient who loves beauty. If you want brushes that are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, Spectrum is perfect because their brushes are beautifully designed and vegan friendly. Zoeva is a favoured brand because of how many brushes they have on offer. They do larger and smaller sets of brushes which covers a lot of budgets. Whatever brush set you choose, whoever is receiving them will appreciate adding to their collection and the ability to try new brushes.
- Huda Beauty Obsessions Palettes – these were super popular this past year in the online beauty world. With lots of shade options you can tailor the plate to the kind of looks the person wears. The warm brown, mauve, coral or smokey obsessions are more wearable options, while the gem stone inspired palettes are a bit more fun. Whilst I havent tried this (so I can’t comment on the quality) product before, I know these are popular for a reason. I definitely have my eye on the one of the wearable options!
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Or Beauty Blender – either of these would make great stocking filler/smaller gifts. A makeup sponge is a must have for a lot of people and something that is a necessary (but sometimes boring) purchase. Purchasing either a Beauty Blender or Real Techniques sponge will be a welcome present for any beauty lover. This is another fail-safe product in my opinion that is guaranteed to get use.
- High-end mascara – this recommendation isn’t brand specific because there are so many mid-high end mascars out there at different prices. I chose this as an option because I love trying out new mascaras and sometimes i can’t justify spending so much on a mascara when they expire quite quickly. Some brands/stand out marcaras that have piqued my interest this year are; Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara (also available in mini), Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Vol 2 , Hourglass Caution (mini available), Benefit roller lash (available in mini size)
- Becca Vacation glow set- when I saw this little set I got so excited. You get a mini of Becca’s cult highlighter in moonstone and a mini of one of their bronzers in Capri coast – both products I’ve been dying to try. I have their highlight in vanilla Quartz and confirm they are worth the hype. This set is a great way for so one to try some Becca products.
For the skincare junkie –
- Liz Earle Gift sets – Liz Earle is probably my fave brand for skincare and they really deliver on their gift sets every year. I would say that Liz Earle skincare can be used by all skin types and her formulas are sensitive skin safe so you don’t need to worry skin issues. They do a festive version of their cleanse and polish every year that I always get excited for. There are a few gift sets at different price rages from Liz Earle which is why I thought I’d feature them on this list.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Tree decoration – this lip balm is a cult fave that comes with a hefty price tag for the full size. This mini will be a great way for someone to try this product out and see what all the fuss is about. I’m kinda considering buying this for myself and putting on my family’s Christmas tree when I get home!
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir Bauble – another cult classic in a handy mini for someone to try. Anything put into a bauble is just instantly extra cute if you ask me. This is loved by lots of different skin types so it is a safe gift for lots of people. It would make a nice add on gift or stocking filler as well.
- Skyn Iceland Eye gel set – I have heard a lot about the eye gels from Skyn Iceland and I know that anyone would enjoy these regardless of skin type or age. Everyone could use a pick me up for their under eyes and these patches would be just the thing for it.
- Herbivore Hydrate and Glow Set – this is a relatively new brand and this set offers 4 minis to allow you to explore the brand and see what works for you before committing to the full size. Any skincare junkie would love to receive this! They also make for great travel friendly products so a great option for anyone who travels often. If this is still available after Xmas I might pick this up because I have heard amazing things about this brand their products.
Bath and body care –
- Lush – would it be a Christmas post if I didn’t include Lush Christmas as a recommendation?! With so many festive bath products available, you cant go wrong! You can opt for a gift set which will be beautifully packaged, or you can personalise the gift and select particular items you think the recipient will like best. I think Lush have outdone themselves this year for their festive themed bath bombs.
- Bath oil – I got Dom a bath oil for Christmas last year and he really loved it. They add a luxurious treat to your bath and come in a range of calming, spa-like scents. Brands to check out for bath oils would be Rituals, Neal’s Yard or Aromatherapy Associates.
- The Body shop Festive range – a great option if someone isn’t really into baths. There are three scents in this range so hopefully there will be something for everyone. There is everything from shower gels to body scrubs in the three scents so there’s a lot of choice in what to get as a gift. I think the marshmallow scent (my fave) is the most festive and a safe choice if you’re not sure which to choose.
Stocking Fillers ideas –
- Sheet mask – you can get some really good sheets masks for under £5. I really like the Garnier or Soap and Glory ones. Tony Moly do some really cute-ly packaged sheet masks as well.
- Mascara mini – most high end mascara minis come in at under £10-12 so they make great stocking fillers. Most high end brands offer minis of their mascaras so there is loads of choice for you. The mascaras I recommended above could be a good place to start. Some of them come in festive packaging which makes them feel even more gift-y and special for a mascara mini.
- Urban decay all nighter Mini – I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love this setting spray in the beauty world. It’s a must have if you ask me. I always try to have the the full size or the travel size in my stash because I love it so much. A must have and anyone who receives it will be so grateful I’m sure!
I hope this gave you some ideas for Christmas gifts for any one who loves beauty. I know if I was to receive any one of these I’d be grateful for sure (😏😏😏)