Its been a while since I have posted an empties (mostly because I suck at remembering to keep hold of finished products when they are done) and somehow have managed to collate a fair few items so I thought now was the time to share my thoughts on them with you guys.
- Cath Kidston Hand Cream – Not much can really be said about a hand cream tbh. I really liked how thick this was and the scent was lovely during the summertime. I’m not sure of Cath Kidston’s cruelty-free status and this was a gift so I’m not sure if I’d repurchase.
- Superdrug Hand Cream – I liked this one just as much as the Cath Kidston one and it was only a couple of pounds so I would definitely repurchase this. It was super moisturising and lasted pretty well.
- Garnier Micellar Water – I am sure this has been in an empties before. I really love this and am after a CF alternative but I haven’t had much luck yet. I use it to take off my makeup as a first cleanse as well as a morning cleanse. I will probably keep using this until I find one that is just as good that is cruelty-free.
- Mario Badescu Rose Spray – This is one of my favourite facial sprays I have tried. The rose scent is amazing and it feels so refreshing and hydrating. I would probably repurchase once I have used up my Superdrug Vitamin E one that I’m currently using.
- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish – I have been through so many of these and it is my all time favourite cleanser. It works better than anything else I have tried and nothing comes close to this. I have a backup one that I waiting to use after I have finished my inferior (in my opinion) Cerave cleanser.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer – This is another all time favourite, I think I finished this months ago but just have only just got around to doing this empties. I love the smell of coconuts and it really does hydrate and prep my skin for foundation. Planning on repurchasing once I have used up a few other primers in my collection first.
- Too Faced Concealer – I have mixed feelings on this. Whilst it is hydrating, it doesn’t last amazingly well and the coverage is low. It did go a long way, so I guess that is a good thing. I think I prefer my UD Naked Skin concealer that offers more coverage and lasting power whilst being non-drying.
- bareminerals Marvellous Moxie Gloss – I feel SO proud of myself for this one. How often do people finish a lip gloss?! I am so gutted that these are discontinued because I love the shade and formula. I might try their Gen Nude Glosses or Fenty’s Glossbomb instead.
- Makeup Revolution Setting spray – I compared this to the All Nighter Setting spray here and really like this as an option from the drugstore. I have since tried MUR’s Sport setting spray that has amazing lasting power for around the same price so I don’t think I would buy their original anymore. Revolution do loads of different setting sprays for different concerns and I definitely recommend checking them out if you are on a budget.
- Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer mini – I really love this primer, so much so that this mini convinced me to buy the full size. It is hydrating, yet smoothing and really makes a difference to makeup wear and application.
- The Body Shop SPF 30 – I loved how lightweight this was and that it offers an SPF of 30. I found it to be kinda greasy but it was great under makeup. I would repurchase since can be hard to find affordable sun protection for your face that is Cruelty-Free.
- Pixi Glow Tonic – I really like this product. I thought it would be overhyped but it really does work. It lasted just over a year with twice weekly use which is amazing and makes the price more worth it in my opinion. I would repurchase once I have used up my current exfoliating pads from ALDI.
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil – I obvs won’t be repurchasing because Benefit is not Cruelty-Free but I don’t really like this anyway. I went through this in like a month and I wasn’t even wearing makeup all that often. I think the brow pencil from Tanya Burr Cosmetics works better and is more than half the price so I will be using that one from now on.
- Liz Earle Energising Body Scrub – I was given this as a gift from my Grandma since she didn’t really get on with it and I love trying out new products from Liz Earle. The ground olive stones worked amazingly well at exfoliating my skin and leaving it feeling so smooth. The scent was natural and earthy that was quite relaxing to use. I have a couple of other scrubs to get through before I think about repurchasing though. If I wanted to treat myself to a fancier body scrub I definitely would consider this one.
- Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic – This is another holy grail, along with their cleanser. This just picks me up, hydrates my skin and preps it for the following steps in my skin care routine. I would repurchase once I have used up my current toner.
So there were my recent empties! I definitely finished more makeup items than are in the post but I stupidly threw them away before I thought about my next empties. I hope next time there will be more of mix. I will try to get better at posting these more regularly for you guys since it feels so good to see how much I have actually used up.