Following my last post about transitioning to Cruelty-Free (link here) and researching how many amazing brands that are out there that I am yet to try, I knew I wanted to make a list of brands I want to prioritise trying out. I really want to find some cult-fave brands and products as I embark on becoming a CF consumer. I thought I would let you guys know what brands I are on my radar to purchase from in the near future.
- Hourglass – Starting off with the most luxury brand, Hourglass has been a brand that has intrigued me for ages but the high price point has meant I have never been able to take the plunge. I have heard nothing but good things about all of their products which makes me think I wouldn’t be disappointed with anything I’d purchase. I am particularly interested in their Vanish stick foundation and Flash stick highlighters as well as their powder products (especially the recently released loose setting powder). A lot of their products are vegan (the brand pledged to be fully vegan by 2020), which makes me want to try out the brand even more. Whenever I do decided to finally treat myself to some Hourglass goodies, you’ll hear all about it.
- Nudestix – After seeing Samantha Ravndahl talk about Nudestix on her YouTube channel I knew Nudestix was a brand that was totally up my street. The majority of their products are in stick form which make them easy to apply with zero fuss. Because the products are cream based, they apply to be really natural and really meld with your skin to give that natural beauty look that I love so much. The founders (Jenny, Ally and Taylor, a mum and her two daughters) seem so cool and passionate about their products and the everyday makeup look, which adds to the appeal of the brand.
- Physician’s Formula – This is an American brand and ever since I started watching US beauty gurus I knew I wanted to try the brand out. I know you can get a few products on Amazon or iHerb which will probably be how I source some products. The brand seems like high-quality for drugstore and have released from cult-classics like their Butter Bronzer and the Shimmer Strips highlighters (both high on my list to try). I just wish they would come to the UK!
- B. – This brand is available at Superdrug and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free at such a low price point. I have only ever tried their makeup brushes, I guess I always overlooked the brand in the past and shopped at the non-CF brands instead. I love how affordable their products are and how accessible it is too. There are a lot of shades and products available too. I often see B. on offer as well, making their products even more affordable! I will definitely be looking to them when I need to replace my non-CF mascaras.
- CoverFX – I have only tried one thing from CoverFX and its their Perfect Light Highlighter in Moonlight and am in love with that highlighter. I knew the brand was cruelty-free but had no idea that they were also 100% vegan and a great option for sensitive skin too. CoverFX seems like such an innovative brand that keeps releasing products that get rave reviews. All their base products look AMAZING, as well as their Custom Enhancer Drops.
So there was a little run-down of a few brands I am keen to try and am gonna be researching to find new faves. This is just a few of the brands that have got me the most excited, there is definitely a long list of brands/products I wanna try. I am thinking of doing a CF wishlist as well, so look out for that!