It has been about a month since I last uploaded a blog post due to my final year assessment period taking over my life! But everything is submitted now and I am officially done with university…that is so weird to type! I am so excited to get back into blogging after my break and hopefully increasing my upload schedule as well.
Anyway, I thought my first post back after finishing uni should be a run-down of some of the products YouTube made me buy, since I actually researched the how the hashtag ‘#YouTubeMadeMeBuyIt’ is used on Instagram by consumers the beauty community. I thought this post would be a fun way for me to document finishing my dissertation on my blog!
When I look at my makeup collection, A LOT of the products I have purchased were due to YouTubers/Bloggers recommendations since this is where I hear about new products and get reviews. I thought I would pick out a few stand-out faves that I have bought because of YouTube.
- NYX Angel Veil Primer – I purchased this because of Kathleenlights (I could probably do a whole separate post on the products that she has made me buy!) and really like wearing it in the centre of my face where I get oily and my pores are the largest. This really smoothes out my skin without feeling drying. I tend to reach for this in the warmer months because my skin becomes more combination. It can feel a bit much when my skin is super dry. It is quite expensive for the drugstore, but it the best primer I have tried for a lower price and I don’t use that much each application so the price isn’t a huge deal.
- RCMA No Color Powder – This is another Kathleen inspired purchase. Because we both have dry skin, it means that I rely on her for a lot of makeup recommendations because it is likely that the products that work for her, will work for me. I loveee this powder! It doesn’t cake up or emphasise my dry skin, but still does an amazing job of setting makeup and keeping it in place all day. You can do anything from lightly setting makeup down, to baking and it’s still full proof. It also doesn’t flash back in photos, which is fab. The packaging is a bit annoying, but the positives of this powder far outweigh that. I have just put mine in an old loose powder tub for ease of use. I have had mine for about 2 years and I have only used about a 1/4 of the whole thing and I use it so often. For the amount you’re getting and how long it will last you, the price point makes this a steal! I definitely recommend trying this out if you haven’t already.
- ABH Modern Renaissance Palette – This palette had so much hype and it was all anyone was using in their YouTube videos for a while. I have spoken about this palette so many times on my blog, it is probably one of my favourite items in my makeup stash. The shades and formula are perfect and I always find myself going back to it. This product is worth the hype and then some!
- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil – I purchased this after a lot of people recommended it for fair skin and I have to say that I was swayed by the fact that it smells like chocolate! This gives a really natural amount of colour and blends really nicely into the skin. I like that it is matte and not orange-toned as well. I love applying it and smelling the chocolate scent! I’m not sure if the smell lingers or if others can smell it, but I never can. Not that I’d mind being able to smell chocolate all day!
- The Balm Mary Lou – This is such a cult fave highlighter, for good reason! It is the perfect champagne shade that can be worn as a sheer layer or really built up to be insanely blinding. It is one of the more intense highlighters I own, but I really love it. I love that this is intense, but not chunky or glittery. It adds amazing shine to your cheeks that looks amazing with any makeup look. I think this was one of my first highlighting products that caused an ongoing obsession!
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip liner – I had heard so many people raving about this liner because of how naturally you could enhance your lip shape with it. I had the lipstick version first and really loved it, so I knew I would get on with the liner. The shade is perfect for adding some extra shape to your lips whilst still looking natural. It also pairs well with any lipstick because of the natural, nude tone. The formula is really creamy but still lasts a long time on me, which is what makes this lip liner so good. I can’t say I was surprised that I love this, Charlotte Tilbury products are always a winner.
So those were a few of my fave products that YouTube made me buy! I am so excited to get back into blogging, I missed it a lot more than I thought I would! I have so many ideas for posts that I can’t wait to write, yay! 😀