Its been a while since I last did a favourites post, I wanted do a yearly-round up of my favourite products from 2017 but my degree kinda got in the way of that. So I thought to make up for that I would let you guys know what I’ve been loving lately. (Sidenote: Sorry for the creased sheets as my background, I know it looks gross I wasn’t very organised this week!)
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Selfie Lash Mascara (review here)– This has become one of my favourite mascaras of all time. It is such a natural looking option, but can be built up for long, volumised lashes as well. The packaging is also so beautiful and very luxurious looking, despite it being a drugstore product.
- ABH Modern Renaissance (review here) – I don’t think I can talk about this palette enough, it is one of the best palettes I have ever tried. I have especially been loving it for this time of year and experimenting with the berry tones, but I also love that you can get more wearable looks with it as well. I think everyone should own this palette because the quality and shade selection is out of this world.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Gel Cream- I love this because it is light-weight, easily absorbs but still moisturises at the same time. The scent is amazing, I love the sweet vanilla combined with the spicyness of the chai. This is my second bottle of this, which says a lot because I rarely repurchase body creams since I haven’t felt that committed to one. The only sad thing is that it is a limited edition product, so I’ll have to wait until Christmas to get my hands on another.
- Colab Dry Shampoo – I am so late trying this dry shampoo, I have been loyal to my Batiste Dry Shampoo for years but when I saw this on offer I couldn’t resist. First of all, the formula is amazing – there is no residule AT ALL, yet it still diminishes all the greasiness from my hair. Another amazing thing is that it smells incredible. I have the Paris scent (old bottle since Colab recently rebranded) and it smells like a men’s aftershave. It smells really fresh, but kinda musky at the same time, its dreamy!
- MAC Twig – I have totally fallen in love with this lipstick recently, it’s the perfect combination of A/W vibes whilst still being wearable. The satin finish is amazing for this time of year when its a bit colder and my lips are dry and it lasts really well too. It also goes with a lot of different makeup looks as well.
- Zoella Beauty Snow’ella Christmas Range – I know you can’t get this anymore but I received some items from this range for Christmas and I fell in love with the scent. So much so that I raided the sale sections of Superdrug to pick up some more items. I love how fresh the scent is, and since it isn’t a typical Christmasy scent, I can keep using these products all year round. Some stand out faves are the Winter Wonderhand hand cream, Snow’ella body mist and Snow Silky body cream.
- Smashbox Spotlight Palette in Pearl – I only just got this so its a really recent favourite. But I love it so much that I had to mention it in this post. I want to do a full review on this soon but I couldn’t wait to mention it! I know I didn’t really need anymore highlighters but the shades and formula in this palette is what swayed me. It is the perfect highlighter palette with 3 shades I will actually use and that are flattering on my skin tone. The formula doesn’t emphasise texture either, which is what makes this so great. Two of the shades creates a beautiful glowy finish that looks great for everyday, and one of the shades has more glitter (not chunky) particles in it which takes your highlight to the next level, which makes this palette a perfect all-rounder for all your highlighting needs. I didn’t expect to love this palette as much as I do, I haven’t been able to put it down.
- Supernatural – It wouldn’t be a favourites post without a TV show fave, and recently we have really got back into Supernatural. We watched this years ago but then kinda forgot about it, but on our Honeymoon we decided to buy the box set (this is where most of our money goes!) and we’ve been watching it ever since. We are only on season 5 (we go through phases of being really into it and then watching something else) but I am so obsessed right now. I can’t stop thinking about it and have no idea where the series will go in future seasons, but I can’t wait to find out. I like that it’s not super scary that it isn’t fun to watch and I love the characters in it and plot twists. I definitely recommend giving it a watch if you haven’t already.
So those were my current faves! What have you been loving lately? I’d love to know!