One thing that makes Autumn my favourite season is the makeup. I love switching up my makeup from light and dewy in the summer time, to the deeper tones and heavy-duty products in Autumn/Winter. I really enjoy sifting through all my makeup and picking out my seasonal faves to add to my everyday makeup routine. So, if you want to know what product I have brought into my routine then just keep reading!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear – Something about A/W makes me opt for a matte, full coverage look for my makeup. I think it makes me better knowing my skin looks well covered despite it feeling lack luster because of the cold. I love the coverage and lasting ability that this foundation gives me and as long as my skin is moisturised well before hand (this can be quite intense for dry skin otherwise), it looks amazing all day.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Whilst I do love this concealer all year round I can find it a bit heavy in the warmer months. As soon as it gets colder (and my face less likely to become a sweaty mess) I always reach for this concealer. I have been using this for years and I don’t see myself ever steering away from it. The coverage is amazing and it lasts really well. I love this under the eye and on any redness I have too, it really keeps imperfections at bay. And when it’s paired with EL’s Double Wear , it’s the perfect A/W complexion duo if you’re after something on the matte and fuller coverage side. The shade ‘Fair’ is an amazing shade for my pale skin, which is amazing since it is so affordable and easy to get hold in your local Boots or Superdrug.
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Fetish – This is my perfect Autumn/Winter blush shade. It is a deep nude, almost berry toned blush that I think just screams Autumn. It is a matte finish which means it pairs well with the finish of my base and adds a nice flush to the cheeks. The pigmentation is perfect as well you can really build it up to a more intense finish or add a sheer wash for a more subtle look. It lasts really well and is the perfect tone so works with a lot of makeup looks as well.
- Urban Decay Shapeshifter palette – During the colder months, I think going for a more sculpted look to my make up really works with my more intense base combo (plus its a great way to counteract all that Christmas food you’ve indulged in!). I have been loving this ever since I got it (review here) because it has everything I could possibly need to contour and highlight my skin in one nifty palette.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette (review here)- This is probably one of my all time favourite palettes. Even though I love using this all year round, the shades are just perfect for this time of year. I have really enjoyed experimenting this year with the different tones in this palette and really pushing my comfort zone. My standout combos of this year are either Antique Bronze all over the lid blended out with Buon Fresco or Burnt Orange in the crease, Primavera on the lid and a mix of Red Ochre and Realgar to deepen the look.
- Mac Twig – If you know me, you know I am never really adventurous with lip colours. Nudes are my comfort zone and I am having a hard time meandering from that. But Twig has been one of those shades that has made me want to explore other lip shades. This is the perfect browny, mauvey pink that is a bit of a deeper option for me. Since it is a satin finish it isn’t too drying either, which I appreciate in the colder months. You can see I have used this quite a lot (I have about half left), which has encouraged me to go beyond my usual nudes and push myself to experiment more with colour.
So there were the items I have rotated into my makeup bag this season. Are there any products you love to use once the colder months come around? I’d love to know!