It’s been a while since I’ve done an empties post (mostly because I keep forgetting to keep hold of the empty products once I’ve used them up) but I have a few products I have kept hold of and thought I would let you guys know what I’ve used up lately!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation – I was so happy to see the back of this product! It was an okay foundation but I don’t think this really worked for my skin type. I would use a sponge with this because this works best for my dry skin, but didn’t really have any luck with it. It was a bit cakey on me, emphasized my dry patches and since I’m not a huge fan of full coverage foundation I don’t think I would repurchase. It is a good long-lasting option with full coverage from the drugstore though, it might be worth checking out if you have oily skin.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer – I did like this product a lot. It had great coverage and the shade Ivory worked well for my fair skin tone, but it did crease slightly under my eyes. The only thing that annoyed me is that you don’t get much in the tube and I used it up pretty quickly as a result. I guess it is cheap so it’s not a huge deal. I might repurchase in the future, but I have other drugstore concealers that I favour over this and go a lot further for the same price, or less.
- Maybelline Fit Me – I really like this concealer but the shade just didn’t work for my skin tone. The shade ’10 Light’ was literally orange and kinda dried down even darker. I don’t think it was that noticeable on my face, but I didn’t really use much though! I know they do a shade ’15 Fair’ (why would the lightest shade not be the lowest number?!) but I don’t think it is available in UK drugstores so I may have to find it online. But I loved the coverage and finish it gave, it was hydrating as well! A great option if you have dry skin.
- Liz Earle Limited Edition Cleanse and Polish – It’s no secret that I LOVE Liz Earle skin and body care. I won’t go on and on about this since I have mentioned it so much in the past. I go through their cleanser all the time and repurchased it countless times, its my absolute favourite cleanser. Not only is this an amazing makeup remover but it is a fab creamy cleanser that keeps skin hydrated and balanced! This is one in a limited edition scent and I did enjoy it, although I much prefer the original.
- Soap and Glory Righteous Butter – It is always an amazing feeling when I finish a Soap and Glory product since they are so huge. This is so rich and moisturising which is amazing for my dry skin. This is their original scent and I really love how sweet and girly it smells, it really lingers on the skin too! It’s my second favourite scent from Soap and Glory after the Sugar Crush scent. I had been using this for ages, their products are such good value for money and are such good quality as well.
- Dickens and Hawthorne Coconut and Vanilla Candle – I know a candle might be a bit boring but I wanted to include it anyway since candles are a love of mine! This was such an amazing summer scent and I have loved burning this. Coconut and Vanilla is one of my fave scents. It is kinda subtle and fresh which was perfect whilst the weather was hot. Something kinda excites me about finishing a candle, I can’t explain it!!
- Victoria Secret Coconut Passion Body Spray – This is only a travel size but it took me a long time to finish this because I kinda felt “meh” about this. It’s not that it’s a bad product, but I have other perfume/sprays that I love more. I love coconut scents but I found this a bit too sickly. It does last quite well on my skin despite being a body spray though. I might check out some of their other scents since the product lasted well on me and see if I can find one I like.
There was a round-up of my recent empty products and my thoughts! Have you finished any products lately?