I thought since I don’t really purchase new products or discover new things regularly enough to post a monthly favourites right now (maybe I am just boring…) that I would start doing a current favourites seasonally to let you guys know what I been loving lately. This way, I can really know if a product is a favourite because I have used to for a prolonged amount of time and lessen the risk of myself sounding kinda repetitive. And I will keep doing these whenever I see a noticeable difference in my favourites or as the seasons change. Here’s what I have been loving all summer long! 😀
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Illuminating Power in Champagne Sorbet – My love this highlighter has been real this summer (see my first impressions here). It’s all I have reached for to give me my summer glow. It’s so glowy without being chunky or glittery and is really buildable, which is amazing for the drugstore price. The champagne tone goes with any makeup look and the formula lasts all day, even in the summer heat.
- Soap & Glory Solar Powder – This is the perfect subtle bronzer/bronzer for fair skin. It gives the most natural tan without looking orange or muddy. I like that there are two sides to this bronzer so you can control how glowy or matte your bronze is (but this powder isn’t overly shimmery btw) . You can tell how much I love this by how much I have hit pan. My only complaint is the packaging, since you can see mine is kinda destroyed. But I know they have since changed it to plastic so when I repurchase in the future I won’t have an issue anymore.
- Benefit Gimme Brow – This has been my brow savior! I am trying to grow my brows to a place where I am happy with them and with them being so overgrown right now, I don’t like drawing too much attention to them when I fill them in. Gimme Brow adds fibres in the places I need them and help my brows look more even without making them too large. I always rely on this for a non-makeup makeup look or a 5 minute face as well. It’s such a low maintenance product and takes little time to use, which is another great thing since I HATE doing my brows!
- Loreal Lash Paradise Mascara – This mascara is sooooo worth the hype! It literally transforms my lashes and creates length and volume in 1-2 coats! They look so fluttery and wispy. This mascara is a great option for everyday, but can be built up to create long dramatic lashes as well. I get so many compliments when I wear this mascara because it makes such a difference to the lashes. It also lasts well on my lashes and doesn’t clump. But, I have found this to dry a lot up after just one months use, but it still performs just as well so I don’t mind too much! I have a full review of this mascara here if you’re interested!
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette – Definitely one of my best purchases I have made this year. The quality of the shadows are out of this world and the shades are a warm toned paradise! The shadows are a dream to blend out and are very pigmented. This is definitely my favourite Naked palette and the best quality out of the Naked range IMO. I can’t wait to keep using this into the Autumn months as well, the rusty tones are perfect for it! I have a post all about this palette that you can read here if you want my thoughts on the palette.
- Real Techniques Duo Fibre Brush – I have had this in my collection for a while but have never been that interested in it. After seeing a few of my fave YouTubers using this kind of brush for bronzer I was intrigued and decided to give it a go. I am so glad I did because this has become my new go-to brush! Because the bristles aren’t densely packed, it picks up just the right amount of product for a natural but buildable bronze and makes sure the product gets blended so seamlessly. I have a lot of control with the brush which I love, it creates a beautiful, buildable finish.
- Breaking Bad – I LOVE this TV show! It is easily in my top 5 now, even though I haven’t quite finished it yet (part way through the last season). I can’t believe it has taken us this long to get around to watching it. I’m sure you know what it’s about, so I’ll spare you the details. The acting and story line is so great and is so immersive, making it so binge-able. Every episode and season has just got better and better, making me want to keep watching. There are so many twists and turns that create depth to the story and characters. I have no idea how it’s going to end but I can’t wait! I definitely recommend watching it if you haven’t already, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
- Couch to 5K Podcast – I have been wanting to get back into running/exercise for a while now but have always given up or not stuck to anything. I have wanted to do Couch to 5K but have never pushed myself to, it seemed like a great way to ease myself back into exercising, it’s a 9 week plan and is kinda like having your own running coach (but is completely free as its provided by the NHS). I saw that Estee Lalonde (blogger/Youtuber) had started doing do recently and that motivated to start too. I am currently on week 6 and I can’t believe how quickly its gone so far and how much progress I have made. It has been an amazing feeling knowing that I am building on my fitness and running technique and I feel such a high as I complete each session and move on to a new week. I definitely recommend giving this a go if you want to work on your running/fitness but feel like you are starting from scratch. I never thought I would be able to run for 20 mins solid with no breaks (one of the sessions week 5) but because I built up my fitness slowly in previous weeks, it has become possible! Each week gets a bit harder as you go on, but it is still accessible enough that you won’t give up. I can’t wait till its week 9 and I can run for a full 30 mins!
So there were a few things I have been loving recently! What products/things have you been loving lately? 🙂