Hey guys! I thought I would share my go-to makeup I wear on an everyday basis during the summer. I do have a few options that I love for summer but this is basically the look/products I have been gravitating towards recently. I want to start doing these more often, so look out for more for different occasions and times of year in the future.
- Pur Illuminating Primer – I love glowy primers all year round, but especially in summer to imitate that summer glow. This one has a really nice glow without being glittery or obvious. This is just a sample size but it has lasted me all summer as you only need a small amount. I sometimes wear this on no makeup days, either all over my face or on the high points of my face to make me look a bit more healthy.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – I do like wearing foundation in summer, but sometimes its just a bit too much for my skin and sweaty face to handle. I reach for the Complexion Rescue so much more as it’s a hydrating, low coverage option. This gives a bit of coverage and leaves a lovely dewy look to the skin.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer – I use the Fit Me for my complexion and Match Perfection under my eyes. Maybelline’s concealer is slighty too orange for me, but I can just about get away with it during the summer. It is really light weight with good coverage. And the Rimmel one adds a really nice brightening affect, without being too high coverage and cakey. I often will wear these concealers on places I need them and skip foundation during this time of year, and these two are the perfect combo for that.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless – This powder is a great drugstore find. It is so smoothing and perfecting as well as a great setting powder. It keeps me matte for a long time, which is perfect during the warmer months when my T-Zone gets slightly more oily.
- Soap and Glory Solar Powder – I love this because it’s the perfect tone to add an all over bronzey-glow whilst still looking natural. This is a great option for fair skin. I find this impossible to go overboard with. You can probably tell how much I love it from the pan! But a runner-up is Benefit’s Hoola, but I use that more for contouring since I am not 100% sure on this shade for my skin tone just yet.
- Milani Luminoso Blush and Tanya Burr Cosmetics Peonies Please Illuminating Powder – I love these both for the same reason. They are both shimmery blushes that amp up the glow, but they aren’t chunky or overly glittery. They are both uber flattering, summer-y shades, that add just the right amount of glow to your cheeks. Luminoso is definitely a shade I just use this time of year because of the peachy hue, but I know Peonies Please will be a firm fave all year round, as a blush or even a blush topper.
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Champagne Sorbet – This is a fab champagne shade that adds the perfect glow to the tops of your cheek bones. It really gives that J-Lo type of glow, but can be made to be more natural as well, I love how versatile this highlight is. I tend to reach for my paler highlight shades, but this works so well for my fair skin tone that I want to branch out and try different shades.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Engima – I need to wear eyeshadow primer every day because my eye lids are quite oily (even worse during this time of year) and my eyes are slightly hooded. I love this one because it has a slight tint to it, cancelling out any veins on my eyes and creating a great canvas. This is my second tube of UD’s Primer Potion, its the best eyeshadow primer I’ve tried because it keeps my shadows there all day, with no creases and helps makes the shades more vibrant too.
- Naked Heat Palette – I know I haven’t had this all summer long, but I haven’t been able to stop myself using it since I got it. The shades are perfect for this time of year (and A/W too) because I always gravitate towards warmer tones on my eyes during this time of year. I have created so many different looks with this which I wasn’t expecting since it is all warm tones, I love the versatility of this palette.
- Benefit Gimme Brow – I have spent summer trying to grow out my brows. I feel like the more product I add the worse they look. I have been loving Gimme Brow for a bit of definition and shape whilst still looking natural. It just adds a bit of something to my brows which makes me look more put together.
- Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof – I live for waterproof mascara during the warmer weather. My mascara always seems to transfer to my brow bone when its hot if I wear a regular formula. This mascara holds a curl, gives great length and volume and doesn’t transfer which is fab.
- Relvon Gel Lip in Sand – I don’t really have a go-to lipstick for this time of year since all I wear is nude lipstick a lot of the time. But I have been loving the peachy tones in this nude, which makes it more summery for me! I love the formula of these, they are lightweight, hydrating, although not super long-lasting but I don’t mind reapplying because I prefer a more comfortable lip during the hot months.
So there was my Everyday Makeup for this time of year! I hope you enjoyed reading! What are your everyday products you love for summer?