Hey guys! Hope you’re all doing well!
I wanted to challenge myself with my blog for a while now. I usually post once a week because with my university schedule this seemed realistic and manageable to get the content up that I wanted. But with it being summer and I am majorly procrastinating my work for third year I thought I would challenge myself to posting everyday this week for a Drugstore Week. I have seen so many people do content that is solely about Drugstore products for a whole week (I Covet Thee is my fave for this!) and I thought since I am a student and on a budget, and I mostly spend my money at the Drugstore right now, it would be a great time to share some Drugstore faves of mine. I hope you enjoy the coming week of posts! 😀
To kick things off I thought I would share my favourite Nude Lip options from the Drugstore. Beware… There’s A LOT! I am definitely a nude lip kind of girl and whilst I love high-end lip products, I think there are amazing options at the Drugstore that are a lot cheaper and often, just as good or better than high end. I have picks from every category of lip products that I want to share with you guys! You will be able to tell from my picks that I gravitate towards more pinky toned nudes, just for the record! 🙂
Lip Liner –
- Colourpop Lippie Pencil in Aquarius – Prepare for the shade Aquarius to be mentioned A LOT in this post, its my all time favourite nude shade! This shade pairs so well with so many different nude lip shades. It is a really creamy lip liner formula that isn’t drying at all. I love that I can wear this on its own and its comfortable, but also with other lip products too.
- Rimmel Exagerate Lip Liner in East End Snob – I feel like this has a bit of a cult following. So many people have mentioned this as a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s lip liner in Pillowtalk. This is more of a purple toned nude, but it is very versatile despite this. This is another lip liner that isn’t super drying either, which makes me love using it. This is everything I wanted Mac Whirl lip liner to be!
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in Tiramisu – This is quite a dry/matte formula but it lasts such a long time on my lips. This is a true nude shade that is slightly brown that pairs so well with most of my nude lip products. I would love to try out more of this range because of how well it prolongs the wear of my lipsticks.
Lip Stick –
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics in Pink Cocoa – This is so wearable and I think it compliments every makeup look perfectly. This is a great MLBB shade that is super long-lasting and is moisturising too! I definitely recommend Tanya’s lipsticks if you are in the market for a new lipstick (read more about her lipsticks here). The packaging also gets a huge thumbs up from me too, it looks so luxe and beautiful to display too.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Aquarius – This may be my favourite lipstick of ALL TIME! Not only is this shade made in collaboration with KathleenLights (one of my fave YouTubers everrrrrr!), but this is the perfect nude shade IMO. This is a really creamy lipstick with a slight shine, that feels so comfortable to wear but lasts really well on my lips too. The tone is the perfect rose, nude beige that I think would look so good on so many skin tones and it works with any makeup look! I know I will continue to repurchase this and I hope that Colourpop never discontinues this shade.
- Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Colour in Sand – This is a sheer, moisturising lipstick and has been my go-to lately. Its more of a peachy, beige-y nude which I have loved wearing during the summer! It doesn’t last hat well because it’s sheer, but I don’t mind throwing it in my handbag and reapplying throughout the day. I love the shine and moisture that this lip gives.
Liquid Lipstick –
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Aquarius 2 – When I found out that Kathleen was launching 3 new formulas of the Aquarius shade, I freaked out! I KNEW I had to buy the bundle. I had never tried CP’s Ultra Matte formula before and was a little scared to because I had heard that they were quite drying. I do agree that they are on the drier end of liquid lipstick formulas I have tried, but I find that the formula lasts basically all day on my lips which is amazing. This shade is more of a mauvey-nude but I really like that it’s a bit deeper and these types of nudes are really on trend right now.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park and Aquarius – I thought I would include these shades together because they are the same formula and the shades are quite similar I think. I definitely prefer the Ultra Satin formula because it’s a lot more comfortable for someone who has quite dry lips. It doesn’t dry down completely, but still lasts a really well considering and still looks beautiful. I would recommend trying this formula out if you’re not usually a fan of liquid lipstick formulas because they are so matte. Both these shades are lovely pinky-nude options that are super flattering. I would say that CP liquid lips are a great affordable option if you can get your hands on them.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee – I discovered this product last year and have been obsessed ever since. These are really creamy for a gloss formula and last pretty well because of the slightly sticky formula. I love wearing this alone and on top of other nude lipsticks. It’s quite a pale shade but because it’s not super pigmented, it doesn’t make you look washed out.
- Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Aquarius – I know, I know, I am obsessed with CP Aquarius in any formula available (but it is my all time fave)! This product provides the shine of a gloss but the pigment of a sheer lipstick. It’s really creamy but not super sticky which means it is really comfortable to wear and it doesn’t migrate around my face like a lot of glosses do. I think this formula definitely rivals higher-end brand glosses that I have tried.
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipgloss in Lunch Date – Tanya’s glosses were one of the first lip gloss formula that I feel in love with. This shade is super shiny and pigmented and is such an easy shade to wear. I tend to wear this on its own because of how pigmented it is, but it makes your lips look really juicy. I also looooooooove the scent of these because they are really fruity, which makes them even more fun to wear!
So there was my round-up of (many) Drugstore nude lip products! I can’t wait for the rest of Drugstore Week posts, look out for a post every day this week for all the Drugstore goodness!