I am someone who looooooves nail varnish. I used to have an addiction to buying it. And whilst I feel like I have my addiction under control now, this doesn’t mean that I can resist picking one or two colours when the seasons change. I feel like Spring is one of my fave times of year for nail colours, everything becomes more pastel and muted which I love. I thought I would share a few of my old and new fave nail varnish colours for this time of year.
- Marks and Spencer Autograph All in One Nail Polish in Marsala – This shade seems like such a good spring option because it is a good mix of being muted but not a pastel colour. It is almost a muted brick shade which I think will look really nice with a tan (or hopefully lack of in my case, since I am super pale and never tan)! I have tried a few of these nail varnishes from the M&S range and was pleasantly surprised by the lasting power. This is a small size because I was gifted a huge range of the M&S nail varnishes for Christmas from my parents, but you still get a great amount of uses from them.
- Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Prickly Pair – I really love this shade. I like that the shade is quite vivid, without being too bright or too much. Another thing I love is that this range lasts so well on my nails without chipping, which is always good news. I got this when this range launched two or so years ago and it’s still going strong and applies beautifully, which is an amazing bonus. I always find myself going back to this colour.
- Topshop Nail Varnish in Parma Violet – This is like Prickly Pair’s muted, pastel sister. It is a lot more washed out than Prickly Pair but that is why I like it. It is a great nod to the Spring theme and looks really grown up whenever I wear it (am I the only one who feels like pastel shades look more grown up than other nail shades?!) The nail varnish offering from Topshop is amazing, they have so many shades and different finishes to choose from, which really surprised me. They last pretty well and are easy to apply which makes them a win-win.
- Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Acai Smoothie – I will admit I was totally drawn to this shade because of the name! But the shade itself is beautiful too. It’s a lovely pinky-purple shade which I think will be a great transitional shade between spring and summer. Again, I know the Gelly range from Barry M is amazing so I can’t wait to give this a go.
- Barry M Coconut Infusion in Paradise – I have heard quite a lot about this newer range from Barry M and wanted to give it a try. This formula is infused with coconut water and oil to help take care of your nails whilst you wear it. All the shades in the range are beautiful but I went with Paradise because I don’t have anything like this in my collection and thought it was a nice nuetral option for Springtime. Since I haven’t tried this before, I don’t really know how it will last and apply but (as you can probably tell) I love Barry M for nail varnish so I doubt I will be disappointed, but I will let you know my thoughts in the future.
- Barry M Speedy Quick Dry in Freestyle – This is another formula I am so obsessed with. I have tried 4 of these in the past and love every single shade. I love how fast they dry, great if you are in a rush or just can’t be bothered to wait for your nail varnish to dry. The shades on offer are lovely too, I love the pastel shades because it takes no time at all to reach the desired opacity because they dry so fast! I went for this shade because it looks like a great peachy-pink option for this time of year.
So there was my round-up of my nail varnish picks for this time of year. What are your go to nail varnishes for this time of year?