Hey guys and a happy new year to you all!
Since I don’t do monthly favourites on my blog, I thought it would be fun to do a round up of all the things I have been loving throughout the past year. This will probably be mostly beauty products, with a few miscellany things in there too! I won’t make this post too long since if I had a favourite for every category we’d be here forever, so I will choose some standout choices, the best of the best…
- RCMA No Color Powder – This is the BEST powder I have ever used. Not only does it keep my matte all day long, it also locks my makeup in place without looking cakey or dry. I first heard about this when KathleenLights talked about this at the start of this year because she was raving about how good it was for her dry skin. I totally agree with all the praise this powder gets, its such a HG product for me now. You get so much for your money (I paid about £8 which is insane) as well which makes this product so much better. The only gripe I have is the packaging, but I am thinking of buying a powder sifter online and just filling it with the powder so it is easier to use.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – This is another game changer for me. I hadn’t given much thought to sponges since I thought they were a bit messy and expensive for what they were (I only knew about the Beauty Blender at the time). But after hearing a few beauty vloggers talk about the RT sponge I had to give it a go. I am so happy I did, I love how natural my base looks whenever I use this. Plus I feel like using a sponge is much better suited for my skin type because I am dry skinned. I am yet to try the Beauty Blender because of the price, but for now I am really happy with the Real Techniques version.
- Bath and Body Works Pocket Bacs – I am so obsessed with these, its kind of embarrassing! I think Dom gets annoyed whenever I buy more when the seasons change because I dont just buy one, its more like 3 or 5…!! But I love the range of amazing scents you can get in this, it just makes being hygienic that much more fun and exciting.
- Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume – I love Marc Jacobs perfumes, they are some of my favourites. I love how sweet and fruity this is. This scent works well for day and night because it is not sickly sweet. This lasts a really long time on me as well, which is always a plus! Also, like all Marc Jacobs perfumes, the bottle is beautiful.
- Benefit Rollerlash – I am not the biggest Benefit fan because I think some of their products are overpriced for what they are. But discovered Rollerlash this year and this has become one of my favourite mascaras. I don’t usually like spending loads on a mascara because of how quickly they expire, but I might have to make an exception for this. I love how lengthening and curling this mascara is, and I love that it doesn’t smudge or flake on me either. The wand type means you can get right to the root of the lash and create a lovely, full lashes.
- Soap and Glory Solar Powder – This product made me fall in love with bronzer. I have always been too scared to use bronzer because I am quite fair skinned. But this is the perfect shade of bronzer for me, it is subtle whilst still adding a beautiful bronze-y glow. It is really hard to go overboard with this bronzer because of the shade. I am 100% converted to bronzer and I wear it most days now.
- OGX Kukui Shampoo and Conditioner – This is such an amazing haircare duo. Not only does it smells AMAZING, but it also does crazy things to my hair. It feels so soft and sleek after using this, which is hard to achieve for me because I have such frizzy, dry hair. I have never felt inclined to repurchase a shampoo and conditioner because I haven’t had such a difference in my hair until now, which I think is a testament to how good these products are.
- Urban Decay Primer potion – This is another product I didn’t think was that essential until I started using it. Eye primers have changed my life and my eyeshadow game. I use to have such a hard time getting my eyeshadow to stay put because of my oily eyelids and long days. But since discovering this I would never not use a primer for my eyeshadow. It keeps it put and looking decent for the majority of a lonnnng day and makes the colours look more intense in my opinion, which is amazing. I use the original formula, but when I repurchase it I will probably pick up Eden because it has a bit of colour to it so I can cover my eye veins.
- the Balm Mary Lou-manizer – This is the best highlighter I have ever used! I love the shade of champagne that just adds the perfect glow to your face. The pan is massive as well, so this will probably last me forever since you only need a tiny amount for a major glow. Plus it is so inexpensive for the quality as well, which is a massive bonus because I would pay double for this.
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Nail Varnish – I love the formula of these. They are long lasting on me and I think the shade range is perfect because there is such a good mix of brights and neutral colours. I really like the opacity of these as well, I only use two coats of this to get full opacity which I love because I am so lazy when it comes to applying nail polish! Overall, Tanya’s cosmetics line has really impressed me this year, the quality of the brand has gone to new levels whilst still remaining affordable which is amazing.
There were a few of my standout favourites from the past year! Sorry that there were no pics, Dom and I are in a temporary living situation until we move back to Brighton so I don’t have all the items to hand.