I saw Emily Canham did a tag video on YouTube recently called the ‘Everyday Makeup Brushes’ Tag and I thought it would be fun to do a little post on a few of my favourite and most used brushes that I depend on an everyday basis.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge – Even though this is a recent discovery I can’t imagine doing my makeup without it. It has changed how I do my makeup and how it looks so much. I feel like it looks so much more flawless than when I use brushes, and is much better application with my dry skin.
- Bareminerals Flawless Face Brush – I use this brush when I wear the bareminerals Original foundation (which is basically everyday right now!) and this is what is recommended to achieve a sheer-medium coverage, which is what I aim for on an everyday basis. I think this brush picks up the perfect amount of product so my base doesn’t look cakey.It is also quite a small handled brush which makes it great for travelling. I love the gold edition brush that I have, I think it looks so pretty amongst my other brushes and feels more luxe.
- Real Techniques Setting Brush – This is my favourite brush to use with setting powder because of the size of it, it means I can control what areas of my face I am setting. I usually only set where I put concealer and places I don’t want to get oily rather than my whole face due to my dry skin. This brush helps me put the powder where I want it. I think this is such a versatile brush because I have also used it for highlighting and also for applying concealer because I think it is the perfect size for doing this.
- Real Techniques Multi Task Brush – I had this sitting in my collect for a while but didn’t really get much use out of it until I saw a video of Kathleenlights saying that she used it for bronzer. Ever since that video I have used this brush everyday for bronzing up my skin. It works so well because of the shape and size of it and its great using all over the face. I haven’t stopped wearing bronzer ever since!
- Zoeva 231/ Luxe Petit Crease Brush – This brush is amazing for applying eyeshadow into the crease. The bristles are really soft and are great at applying and blending product. The fact that this brush is a bit smaller than some of my other crease brushes means that it fits well into the crease of my eye, which makes eyeshadow application a whole lot easier.
- Tate Double-ended Eyeshadow Brush – This one is great because it is a two in one, making it great for traveling. The bristles are so so soft on this brush which I find amazing. I use the flatter end for applying shadows all over my lid and blending them in and the fluffer end for crease colours and transition shades.
There are of course loads of brushes that I use on an everyday basis, but I didn’t want this post to go on for ages so I chose a few of my absolute favourites. What are your everyday brushes?