So, I was thinking about the first makeup products I ever used and thought about making it into a tag. I thought it would be quite fun to see what makeup I used to use and whether some are still around or are even popular! I know this will be very different to the makeup that teen girls wear now because of how prominent makeup is online nowadays, but it will still be fun and you can do this no matter how old you are! This will probably fail as a tag but I didn’t want that let me stop me because it seems like it would be fun to do and read! I will put a few makeup/beauty categories below and name the first product and my experience of it
First of all I was about 13 when I started getting into makeup properly, like buying it to use it properly as opposed to using like the little jelly like kits of lip gloss and crazy eye-shadows from Claire’s accessories when I was a lot younger,(but that would be the first makeup). A lot of this will probably be drugstore just because I only had the pocket-money I got from my parents back then, but I love drugstore makeup anyway so that’s fine! So these are the products I remember using when I first started wearing it as a teen.
- Foundation/Powder – I am gonna count these in the same category just because I never used to wear foundation until I was about 16/17. I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to matteify and I still love it today. I am probably on my 4th or 5th one of these. The only difference is I use the translucent one as a setting powder whereas I used to use the shade Natural.
- Concealer – I don’t really remember using this until I started doing my makeup properly when I was a bit older, but I think my first one was Collection Lasting Perfection which again is one of my faves today!
- Blush – I think my first ever one was a Estee Lauder in a pink rosey shade (probably discontinued now) which was a travel size from my grandma which I still have today because it means a lot to me! But one that I bought myself was a MUA Blush but this was before I knew how to apply blusher properly so it probably looked awful!
- Bronzer – Wet ‘n’ Wild 3 of a Kind stick in ‘South Beach’. This was sent to me along with lots of other makeup goodies by Mizz! magazine (now there’s a blast from the past!) when a mascara that was free with one of the an issues was empty. Now this was very shimmery and orangey which of course looked bad on my fair skin but I liked to really sheer it out because I was desperate to looked tanned. Luckily I avoid the camera like the plague whenever someone gets it out so I don’t think there is any photographic evidence of this bronzer on me haha!
- Highlighter – this wasn’t really huge when I was starting out with makeup but I remember there was major glitter in drugstore blushes so that counts right?!
- Brows – I’ve only started caring about my brows since it kind of came into fashion, but I know the first product I used it the Rimmel Brow Pencil in ‘Hazel’ which didn’t match me at all.
- Eyeshadow – I think my first eyeshadows were passed down from my Grandma (I think that’s where I get my love of makeup!) and they were No7 mono eyeshadows, I have kept a few just because they have a special place in my heart as they were gifted to me by my Grandma and it reminds me of when I was getting into makeup! Another one I can remember well is the Barry M dazzle dust, even though I had no idea how to apply them, I think they are just a rite of passage if you’re from the UK!
- Mascara – This was hard to remember but its between either the Beauty UK waterproof mascara or the Maybelline Great Lash! I wanna try Great Lash again and see if it’s as good as I remember.
- Lips – I’ve only just started wearing lipstick in the last couple of years because I’ve accepted my thinner lip shape and I used to think that lipstick didn’t look right on me. This meant I wore lip gloss instead and they were the really sticky and high shine types of lipgloss! I used to love the Barry M (obvs a big fave for young teen Lizzy) Glossy Tubes and the Miss Sporty Hollywood lipgloss.
So those were my first makeup products I used when I first started using it. If you do this tag please let me know so I can see what your makeup firsts were! If not comment down below any of your original faves! I hope you enjoyed reading them, I’ll try to feature pictures of some of the products so you can see what they looked like!